Dance Class Placement
Social Media Policy
- Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy follows the Avery County School calendar; however, the studio does NOT observe all school holidays and closings.
- Please consult the studio calendar for important dates and closures.
- The BRPAA Calendar is posted on our website under the “STUDENT HANDBOOK” tab, and there are also paper copies available at the studio reception desk.
- Fall registration begins in the summer and continues through August 15 each year.
- Registration dates are posted on our Facebook page and website.
- A non-refundable registration fee is required at the time of registration.
- The registration fee covers the cost of paperwork processing, insurance, music license fees, and studio communication costs, which are all separate expenses from class tuition.
- Email is the primary source of communication to Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy families. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure you receive these messages.
- All e-mail addresses will remain confidential and will be used only for the purpose of BRPAA related communication.
- Like and follow Blue Ridge Performing Arts on Facebook and Instagram to view updates, studio closings, and announcements.
- Announcements on closings will also be made via email and studio phone recordings.
- We encourage communication with our studio families. Please feel free to contact Miss Kelly (Owner/Director) or Mrs. Karen (Office Manager) with any questions or concerns!
- If enrollment is insufficient, we reserve the right to combine acting class levels.
- There are no make-ups, refunds, credits or pro-rated tuition for missed classes.
- If your child is absent for part of the month, you are still responsible for the full monthly tuition.
Dance Class Placement
- A dance class with fewer than three students is subject to cancellation.
- BRPAA reserves the right to revise the curriculum and schedule as needed.
- Dance class placement is based on skill level, age, and maturity.
- During the first few weeks of dance class, the instructor may determine that a student should be moved up or down based on class performance.
- Please feel free to schedule a time to discuss your child’s progress with the instructor.
- Mask requirements are subject to current North Carolina mandates.
- Classes (including private lessons) are not to be disturbed unless it is an emergency.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the dance room without the instructor's permission.
- Parents must wait in the lobby area until classes have been dismissed.
- Parents are not to approach teachers or students during class.
- If messages, food, or drink need to be passed on to a student, it must be done through the front desk.
- Please bring quiet activities for the non-dancers in your family to do while they wait for their siblings in class. Please do not allow children to run and play games at a high volume, as it is a distraction to the dance class.
- Please be respectful of our studio, and pick up after yourself, throw away your trash, etc.
- Please do not send students to class with any symptoms of sickness. If a student comes to class and has any symptoms of sickness, the parent will be contacted to come pick up the student.
- The instructor will also offer the same courtesy of canceling their classes if they are sick. The instructor will make up these canceled classes following the studio make-up policy.
- We encourage students to use hand sanitizer OR wash their hands for 20 seconds before entering the music or dance room.
- High touch areas such as door knobs, bathroom fixtures, chairs, tables, counter tops, sound equipment, and floors will be sanitized daily. Ballet barres, piano keys, and piano benches will be sanitized between classes.
- Food and beverages are only allowed in the lobby area.
- BRPAA is a nut-free facility. Please do not bring foods that contain peanuts or tree nuts.
- NO gum, food, or beverages (other than bottled water) are allowed inside the dance room.
- NO street shoes are allowed in the dance room.
- Please write the student's name in clothing and shoes, and check that you have all personal items when you leave the studio. Items left in the studio will be kept for two weeks before being discarded.
- BRPAA is not responsible for personal injuries. Students and parents understand that there is a risk of injury with any type of physical activity.
Social Media Policy
- NO cell phones are allowed in the dance room.
- Cell phone use is limited to the lobby area only.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited in the dressing rooms.
- No private information about students or faculty/staff should EVER be shared via text or social media.
- Respectful and courteous behavior is expected from students and parents at all times.
- We ask that older students (and parents) be aware that they are setting an example for younger students and should make wise choices in both their language and behavior.
- Students should arrive at the studio 5-10 minutes before class begins to allow time for changing into class attire. If possible, dancers should arrive with dance clothes under their street clothes.
- Students should be dressed and ready to go, with shoes on and appropriate hair, when class begins.
- Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student or parent whose attitude, attendance, payment record, or overall conduct is judged to be unsatisfactory.
- The decision to cancel classes will be based on the condition of the main roads, as well as the weather forecast and changing weather conditions.
- Classes will NOT automatically be canceled when Avery County Schools are closed.
- BRPAA staff will assess conditions and make a decision no later than 2:00 pm that day.
- Cancellation information will be posted on our Facebook page facebook.com/BlueRidgePerformingArtsNC/, Instagram page instagram.com/blueridgeperformingarts/, email, and studio phone recording.
- Dance classes canceled due to weather may be rescheduled by the instructor on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Students will receive an email regarding makeup date and time.